Ch. 19 - What Jesus Did
We uncover the deeper meaning behind the baptism of Jesus, his temptation in the desert wilderness, the Wedding at Cana (found in John 2), as well as Jesus' proclamation of the kingdom. We hearken back to Old Testament typology and prophetic themes, which stand as a backdrop to these Gospel narratives. We switch back and forth between the Gospels of Luke, Mark, Matthew, and John as we unveil the hidden meaning behind "what Jesus did."
When you tune into this episode, you will discover:
- why Jesus - who was without sin - submitted to a baptism of repentance.
- what the significance was of the devil tempting Jesus in the wilderness.
- why Jesus turned 180 gallons of water into the best of wine at a wedding.
- what kingdom Jesus meant when he said, "the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"
- what significance there is in where Jesus began his ministry: Capernaum.
- the meaning behind the number of apostles Jesus chose.